Due to the still unclear Covid-19 situation, the Wartburg Symposium postponed to October 03 – 06, 2023!
Symposium 2019 - YouTube Video
13th Wartburg Symposium on Flavor Chemistry & Biology
Eisenach, Germany, October 03 - 06, 2023
Cutting-edge research in taste and smell returns once more to the beautiful “Hotel on the Wartburg” in Eisenach, Germany. Since its inception in 1978, the Wartburg Symposium on Flavor Chemistry & Biology has convened every three years. It is today firmly established as an internationally leading, top-tier forum for distinguished scientists and rising stars from academia and industry to discussing cutting-edge advances, emerging challenges, and sweet spots emerging at the vivid intersection of odor/taste chemistry and sensory science with biology, neurophysiology, nutrition, post-genomic (genetics, biotechnology) and advanced imaging technologies.
The organizers and the Wartburg Stiftung Eisenach would like to invite experts in different areas of smell, taste, and health-related research. The scientific program will comprise keynote lectures given by distinguished scientists from academia and industry from around the world, scientific talks, flash poster presentations, and posters in the following main subject areas:
- Functional flavor genomics & biotechnology
- Flavor generation & precursors
- Next-generation technologies in molecule discovery and analytics
- Chemosensory perception and signal processing
- Food-born bioactives and chemoreceptor-mediated health prevention
- Flavor systems: molecular decoding, interactions and perception